- This event has passed.
[free] Three Kings Day Party & Peralta House Museum Re-Opening // Oakland
January 8, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmfree
SATURDAY AT 1 PM – 5 PM
Three Kings Day Party & Peralta House Museum Re-Opening
Peralta Hacienda Historical Park.
Let’s get together and raise a cup of hot chocolate at our annual Three Kings Day Party to celebrate the Re-opening of the Peralta House Museum to the public for the first time since the Covid-19 epidemic began.
Enjoy an afternoon of outdoor activities for the whole family.
We invite you to:
• Savor a slice of traditional rosca (holiday cake) and a cup of hot chocolate
• Help rename the Park in a Community Dialogue
• Come inside and see the Museum’s award-winning historical exhibitions
• Join a traditional holiday musical parade from Mexico called La Rama
• Art Making and Field Trip Activities for Kids
• New Pop-Up Exhibitions Outdoors
• Final reception to honor the artists of ‘Undocumented Heart’
Most of the activities will be outdoors, however we ask guests to wear face masks at all times except while actively eating or drinking. Proof of vaccination will be required to enter the Peralta House Museum. We will have plenty of masks and hand sanitizer for you.
This event is part of Belonging in Oakland • Indigenous Voices, a two-year project at Peralta Hacienda Historical Park to envision a more equitable Oakland and highlight the stories of the East Bay’s indigenous peoples in events, exhibitions, and curriculum.
Photos: See past event photos below: